A Twin Mum’s Journey – Jule Scherer’s Double Trouble Blog Series
We are so excited to be able to share with you a fantastic series of blogs written by the gorgeous Jule Scherer for stuff.co.nz.
These articles are a personal insight into one twin mum’s journey from discovering she was pregnant with twins and through their first few months as a family.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did xx
“There’s a heartbeat, oh, no there are two heartbeats!” When the sonographer said these words we knew we’re in for a wild ride.
In my blogs on Stuff.co.nz I have shared the journey from finding out that there were two, through all the pregnancy sorrows, highlights and thoughts and the challenges of the first months as twin parents.
I know that it can be overwhelming and scary to learn that you’re expecting twins but there’s just noting better than being greeted by two wide smiles in the morning.
I love being a twin mama and I hope that my experiences will help some of you to get through the hard times and embrace the chaos and delight that comes with parenting two (or more).
Read the full series from the links below
- Double Trouble: When two became FOUR!
- What kind of twins are they?
- Double sickness, burps and gas.
- Double Trouble: Eating for three
- Double Trouble: Finding out the gender
- Double Trouble: Beware of the Google monster
- Joining the Multiple Birth Club
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or the Creepy Dead Hand
- Amazing twin bellies
- Shocking twin myths
- Where will the twins sleep?
- How not to name twins
- When to go on maternity leave with twins
- Double Trouble: Insomnia
- What’s in the twin hospital bag?
- Tomorrow I’ll be a mum of twins
- Giving birth to my twins
- Starting life in NICU
- Breastfeeding twins
- Double Trouble: The F-Word.
- Double Trouble: When a poonami hits
- Routines: Baby or parent-led twin schedule
- Holidaying with twin babies
- The twin time vortex
- Double Trouble: The things that make me cry
- Twins: Identical but not the same
- Double Trouble: The twin meltdown
- Double Trouble: Resuable nappies for two
- Going out for the first time as a twin mum
- When a helping hand can make all the difference
- 10 things I’ve learned about twins